Home textiles such as carpets and curtains do not need to be taken care of every day. However, it is not that easy to clean when you do clean them. Obviously, a proper maintenance routine would make your eventual cleaning more efficient.
For your reference:
- Avoid spills and soiled shoes on carpets.
- Vacuum weekly.
- Dust with a feather duster or vacuum regularly.
- Thin curtains should be put into a laundry net before machine washed. They should be taken out immediately after the washing cycle ends and hung up for drying.
- Don’t use chlorine bleach.
- Always read the label instructions before washing.
- Use a vacuum cleaner that can remove dust mites to clean the mattress regularly.
- Wash the sheets and pillowcases at 60°C.
If the sun is out, dry the pillowcase and sheets under the sun — germ killing and eco-friendly.