Kumai organic red quinoa – 130 g
Pineapple – 1
Shrimps – 10
Egg – 1
Mini asparagus – 100 g
Shallots – 2
Ginger – 20 g
Pork floss – a little
Crushed peanuts – a little
Curry powder – 1 tbsp
Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Ground white pepper 1 tsp
Water 160 ml
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- In a pot, add in water and quinoa and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Reserve a small bowl of pineapple, dice and drained.
- Chop the shallot, ginger and mini asparagus into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat, cook the shrimps and mini asparagus separately and reserve on plate.
- Fry the chopped shallot and ginger until fragrant, add in the red quinoa and curry powder, stir fry.
- Make a well in the centre of pan and pour in the whisked egg, quick fry, then add the pineapple and mix gently.
- Add in mini asparagus and shrimps. Season with fish sauce, pepper, sugar and salt. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the rice into a serving platter or a carved-out pineapple. Sprinkle the pork floss and crushed peanuts to taste.