- 400g of minced pork
- 350g of soft, thawed, previously frozen tofu
- 2 tbsp of minced green onion
- 1/2 onion, peeled, diced
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic chili sauce
- 150ml of chicken broth
- Your own appropriate amount of Korean chili sauce
- Marinade the pork for 15 minutes. Heat the pan with 1/2 tbsp of oil over high heat. Stir-fry the pork until fully cooked. Drain it in a sieve over a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat the pan with 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic chili sauce, minced garlic and green onion. Stir-fry until it is fragrant (about 2 minutes). Add in the onion with 1/3 tsp of salt. Stir-fry all the ingredients until the onion is soft
- Add in the red pepper and stir-fry it for 2 minutes. Add in the sauce mixture and bring it to boil.
- Add in the tofu and cook pork. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Dish it up and serve it in hot.
- Frozen the soft tofu in freezer. Put it back to the fridge 2 days in advance to thaw. Tofu after frozen will absorb the sauce mixture like a sponge.
- Choose your own chili sauce if Korean chili sauce is unavailable or not to your liking. Adjust the portion accordingly.
- Before stir frying the pork, make sure the pan is hot enough. Once you add the pork into the pan, do not stir them too often. Wait until both sides of the pork turn brown before stirring them.