Deep clean your drainages occasionally before they get clogged. Ultima Home Service can do that for you. For your easy reference, we have a few suggestions for you as to how to do it:
- Step 1: For kitchen sinks and bathroom basins, unscrew of connectors of the down pipe and the out pipe to the anti-siphonage bottle trap.
- Step 2: Take out all components inside, including the air valves.
- Step 3: Clean thoroughly with tap water.
- Step 4: Put the U-trap or anti-siphonage bottle trap back and screw the connectors back on tightly.
- Step 5. Make sure there is no seepage. Sealing with thread seal plumbing tape will be required.
Cleaning and ensuring drainage pipe clearance occasionally can avoid blockages, unpleasant smell, as well as prolong the lifespan of your plumbing. Home Service can clear the drains for you (HK$350, parts excluded), including replacing any broken components inside the drain / bottle trap.
Ultima Home service hours:
14:45 to 17:15 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Your tower concierge can help you arrange the service.